It looks and tastes like meat, but it’s not. Beyond Meat, the latest stock market sensation in America, is a plant based meat company that is not only targeting vegans but also looking to take on the US$1.4 Trillion meat industry.
With a listing price of US$25 in early May, the shares recently hit a high US$96.78 and have certainly created some headlines as investors digest this new kid on the block…
What Does Beyond Meat Do?
- Beyond Meat offers a portfolio of revolutionary plant-based meats by building meat directly from plants using innovation that enables consumers to experience the taste and sensory attributes of popular animal-based meat products while enjoying the nutritional benefits of its plant-based meat products.
- The brand commitment, “Eat What You Love” represents strong belief that by eating its plant-based meats, consumers can enjoy more, not less, of their favorite meals, and by doing so, help address concerns related to human health, climate change, resource conservation and animal welfare.
What Is Their Approach?
- Beyond Meat has a unique approach to the market by targeting meat-loving consumers rather than vegans and vegetarians, hence positioning themselves to compete directly in the $1.4 trillion global meat industry.
Who Are Their Customers?
• Tim Hortons, the Canadian coffee chain, is testing Beyond Meat’s plant-based sausages on its menu.
• More than half of Canadians eat meat alternatives, according to Mintel.
• Another International restaurant brand, Burger King, is rolling out its plant-based “Impossible Whopper” in more markets.
- The company’s business and Hollywood celebrity backers include Bill Gates and actor Leonardo DiCaprio.
How to Buy or Sell Beyond Meat Stocks in Australia?